April 10, 30, 2014 (This course is also at www.VeganCookingLessons.Org.)
If it's difficult to make, you won't find it here!
Vegan Cooking Lessons is a set of lessons and recipes to help you feed your family a plant-based diet. Because every plant-based meal or snack can save an animal, we've decided to post the material as it is available rather than wait until every aspect of the course is done. But there's plenty to learn in the meantime (just click on a link). We try to keep the lessons short but informative. If you have a church or place where you'd like me to give some cooking demos, write to me and we may be able to arrange a free vegan cooking lesson and meal. My email is BoeDevi@gmail.com and my telephone is 215-531-3167. (Send us a picture of your dish.)
Syllabus for Vegan Cooking Lessons
1. Animal-less living in a fast-paced world: ITAAIICoMO (If there's an animal in it, count me out.)
2. Tips for successful transition to plant-based diet - 2 minutes
3. Protein amounts and cook times of most legumes - 2 minutes
4. What's your "base"? - 2 minutes
5. The story on gas - 2 minutes
6. Get You Through The Day (GYTTDs) - Foods that you can grab on your way out the door that will GYTTD.
7. Learn how to cook the various plant-based proteins
a. How to cook beans and legumes - 2 minutes <--- the most important lesson at this site
b. Plant milks
d. Egg-replacers see Hen-Savers
8. Veggie Management